Visit our Seminars page for our upcoming Planning Ahead Series
Many people plan for life events such as weddings and vacations well in advance, but many people do not plan for something that is certain to happen, their funeral. While most people do not want to think about their own mortality, the time to pre-plan your funeral is now. The primary advantages of prearranging your funeral is to relieve the burden on your loved ones in an already emotional time, and to ensure your funeral is carried out according to your wishes, eliminating the task of second-guessing what you would have wanted. Taking the time now to arrange your funeral is one less thing your loved ones will need to worry about once you’ve passed. Planning ahead and pre-paying your funeral is one of the most thoughtful gifts you can give to your family.
Pre-paying your funeral reduces stress and financial burden on your loved ones after your passing. We can co-ordinate payment plans that suits your needs, from a single payment plan to monthly payments. By pre-paying your funeral, you eliminate your family second guessing on if they have spent too much or too little on your funeral. Pre-payment also protects you and your family from inflation. Depending on your region, if your funeral costs less than the amount you have put aside, those funds will be refunded back to your beneficiaries. For more information on what is applicable in your region, simply speak to your funeral director. Each year thousands of people decide to plan ahead and pre-pay their funeral, these plans are designed to be flexible and can accommodate the many changes that often occur in people’s lives.
What you can do in advance…
- Decide on Burial or Cremation and your casket or urn type.
- Pick what type of service you want (religious, military, non-traditional)
- Reception wishes and location
- Choose which funeral home to use. If you have pre planned at any other funeral home, but wish to transfer your arrangements to DeStefano Funeral Home, speak to one our staff and see how easy it is to do.
- Designate your pallbearers, pick any music or readings you want at your service.
Benefits of Planning Ahead
- Over 90 decisions are made within the first 24-48 hours of death. It’s difficult to think rationally while making so many decisions within days of losing someone. Planning ahead gives yourself, family and friends peace of mind. Prearrangements give your loved ones direction of your wants and desires.
- It’s easy. Anyone can do it, and you can change your mind at any time.
- Pre-planned and prepaid funerals are fully transferable. For example, if you chose to move your pre-arrangement to De Stefano Funeral Home, it is as simple as coming in and signing a letter stating your wishes. There is no penalty for doing this.